Friday, February 18, 2005

reasons to celebrate

Along with turning 23, I have another reason to celebrate today--I am officially a resident of Botswana! After 3 and half months of waiting for my application to be processed (5 months if you count the application I sent in from the States, which they had declared invalid), I arrived back in town this morning to find a letter waiting for me telling me I could go to the Immigration office and pick up my residence permit. Miraculously, there was no line at the office (last time I waited about an hour), and they just handed it right over--amazing! But don't worry, it only lasts until July 31st, at which point I must willingly come home or else be deported. So you can still expect me back in the States in August...:-)
As birthdays go, its been a good one so far--thank you everyone for the cards and presents; it was so nice to arrive home after three long days in the field and find a bundle of cards and gifts with my name on them! I'll be thinking of past birthdays spent with you all as I celebrate my 23rd out on the town here in Maun this evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home